Saturday, January 28, 2006

NO SOLICITORS

So Jason and I seem to get a large amount of solicitors coming to our door trying to sell us stuff. We usually don't answer the door, but sometimes we do by mistake thinking it's a visitor we were expecting. So I put a large, 'NO SOLICITORS' sign on the bottom of our storm door hoping that this would deter them. Well, it didn't work this morning. There were some kind of evangelicals going door to door in our neighborhood and we watched them from our bedroom window. Sure enough, they came right up to our door and rang the bell and stood there for way too long. What is up with this? Maybe they aren't selling a physical product, but they were attempting to "sell" their religion to us. I just don't get it, can't they read? I guess they just don't understand what the word 'solicitor' means. I'm sure they knew we were home too b/c Caroline decided to run around yelling. Not that I care. We made it clear we don't want anyone trying to sell us stuff. (BTW, if your cute kid wants to try and sell me something, I don't mind..I'll buy stuff if I know you. :) ) 

No comments: