Chrissa is on her way to the airport to start her trek across the pond to Europe. Against my mom's opinion, she has decided to go and give a basic "F#@$@ YOU!" to the terrorists. And as others have reminded me, she is probably much safer flying today than she would have been a few days ago. A safer flyer, yes, but a thirsty, irritated, and bored flyer, nonetheless. While I totally understand the restrictions based on what we're starting to hear was the terrorist's plan, I do feel a little bad for the travelers.
No carry on fluids - so you have to rely on the flight attendents to give you teeny cups of beverages while you slowly dehydrate due to the cabin's extremely low humidity.
No lip balm/hand lotion - Again, the cabin is so dry, your lips and hands dry out in seconds.
No Ipods, CD players, games, or books - A short flight isn't a big deal w/o this stuff, but a long flight? Whew, I hope the movie is good!!! Better get comfy with your complimentary copy of SkyMall and the emergency landing procedure card.
No extra feminine hygiene products - So basically you can only carry on enough to get you through the trip. Women all know that this can spell disaster!
And b/c you can only carry on the bare essentials - if your luggage doesn't make it to your final destination when you do, you're pretty much screwed. Whenever I fly and have to check a bag, I always have carried on my toiletry bag and a bag with a change of clothes just in case! I just wonder how long and permanent these restrictions are. Some say they will relax again while others say that they could be here to stay - just like the way you can no longer go to the boarding area at an airport anymore unless you are a ticket holder.
I don't have any plans to fly in the near future, but the thought of traveling with young children w/o things to entertain them really frightens me AND should frighten all other travelers. Bored little kids make for a FUN flight for the entire plane! Maybe the flight attendents will start passing out complimentary doses of Benedryl.
No comments:
Post a Comment