- Went upstairs a little after 10pm with Piper asleep in my arms.
- Piper woke up and wanted to eat again, so I nursed her until sometime after 10:30.
- Put her in co-sleeper.
- Became clear she wasn't about to settle down.
- Lots of fussing, a swaddle, and some screaming later, I got her to sleep sometime before midnight.
- She woke up screaming at 2am.
- Nursed her and put her back to bed without any issues.
- At 4:15 am, Caroline comes in complaining of an itchy mosquito bite (did I mention how much I HATE mosquitos right now?) - Jason was in the shower at this point.
- 4:20 am, hearing Caroline, Bryce walks into my room asking where Caroline is.
- Jason still in shower.
- I put an overly large blob of hydrocortisone on Caroline's leg, rub it in, and point her back to bed.
- I put Bryce back in bed and cover him up.
- I get back into bed.
- Bryce doesn't like the way I covered him up.
- Bryce starts crying/yelling to cover him back up.
- I ignore him. Jason is still in the shower.
- Bryce starts crying/yelling he's thirsty - in fact, he says he's "parched."
- I get up, get him, take him to his bathroom and give him a drink.
- Point him back to bed and get back into mine.
- Bryce starts screaming again about there being monsters in his room.
- Continues screaming and is coming out of his room saying he wants to go into Caroline's bed.
- He comes back into my room and is crying. I tell him to go into the bathroom and wait for daddy to get out of the shower.
- Piper wakes up to eat, of course.
- I nurse Piper and she again goes down without problems - it's about 5:15am.
- Jason puts Bryce back to bed.
- 5:45am, Bryce comes back into my room for no apparent reason. (I ignore him since OMG, I need sleep and he's not making a peep.)
- 6am - Jason comes up to finish getting ready and finds Bryce in our room and that he's pooped.
- He changes him and puts Bryce back to bed.
- 7:05am, Bryce comes into my room and starts to climb up into my bed and falls and hits his head.
- I jump out of bed to pick him up and find out he's pooped again.
- Change diaper and might as well get him dressed for the day since I'm up.
And you wonder why I'm tired today. I think I need a nap now.
4 comments:
Is it wrong that I laughed when I read the "parched" part? Sorry! And wow that's crazy - good thing Caroline stayed put, for the most part!
Nope, in fact, it's the only thing that made me smile the entire night.
Oh Erika! I'm sending you a few of my Zzzzz's. Don't you wish you could store up sleep...so on night's like that you could tap into a reserve tank somewhere. Talk about an invention!
ouch, what a night!! Hope you can catch a few minutes of shut eye
Post a Comment