I've always said that Bryce is my most affectionate and loving child, which is really saying something since all three are pretty affectionate. But Bryce, well, that kid takes it to a new level and I can't help but just soak it up most times. He always wants to snuggle and hug and kiss and tell you he loves you and that you're the best mommy/daddy in the whoooooooooooooooollllllllle world. So obviously, when I drop him off at school, we always give one another a big hug and kiss.
Well, today, I dropped him off and he ran into the classroom before I could tell him good bye. I was chatting with his teacher for a second about the weather in the foyer so as I was getting ready to leave, I stuck my head back in the door and told him good bye and blew him a kiss. There were already a few other kids there (all boys for some reason) and when I blew him a kiss, Bryce came running at me to give me a big hug and kiss, just like normal. Except after I did it, this little imp "Big" Dylan (he's soooo NOT big - he's just older than the other Dylan in the class!) says, "Kissy Bryce! Kissy Bryce!"
Little punk. I don't know how much Bryce heard him or if he was even aware of it or the implications of him saying it, but I certainly was. How dare he start making Bryce self conscious about hugging/kissing his mom!?!?! I think Big Dylan might have just turned 5, so he's not much older, but clearly he thought he needed to make a point of calling Bryce out. It just made me a little sad because while I know those days are coming when I can't hug or kiss my boy in public, I just don't want it to happen too soon. Especially when he's my huggy/kissy kid and there's nothing like a Bryce hug. I just adore that little boy and his affection is just a big part of him. Big D is NOT getting a valentine from Bryce next week. (And Bryce has mentioned before that he didn't really like Big Dylan, so I really shouldn't be surprised that he was acting like a punk this morning.)
1 comment:
OH, that makes me sad. *sniffle* I bet Big D needs a hug and a kiss too--and is clearly jealous.
Post a Comment