Before my MIL arrived, she told me she was afraid to go to school alone and I reassured her again that Nana wouldn't be walking out the door right away and would make sure she was settled. But I noticed that while she said she didn't want to go alone, she wasn't as upset as the night before. When Sandy arrived, I quickly told her that Piper had been upset and after talking the day before, I knew she was prepared for it. So I kissed Piper good bye and she told me again she didn't want to go but it was in a whiny tone rather than a sad one, so I was hopeful that she'd be okay.
At about 9:45am, my MIL sent me a text with this photo: (Can I just mention how much I love that my MIL has learned to text and attach photos?!?!)
I was just so happy to get this photo and the reassurance that Piper had done fine. I give Sandy a lot of credit for psyching Piper up as they walked in and have her show her what Piper was supposed to do. I know that helped a lot. Sandy texted that Piper would call me when she got home.
At 11:45 my phone rang and there on the other end of the phone was a very happy little girl. I could just hear the bubbly tone in her voice. She hadn't cried at all! She played Play Dough! She made a new best friend! It was a good day. She was excited for her homework that we would do together too. (And she was sure to recount that two kids had cried, but not her.)
I was just so proud of her - I know this is a big step for her. We've been so lucky to have my mom and MIL taking care of the kids since Piper turned 1 and while Piper plays with a lot of other kids she hasn't been in any kind of school/daycare environment like Caroline and Bryce had. Here's hoping things continue to go so well and she continues enjoying it. My baby is growing up way too fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment